Monday, July 23, 2007

Overlord

Minions. Minions seem to be the in thing right now. The Darkness, Overlord, Shadowrun. All of these games use minions. While I haven't played the Darkness yet I can say that the minions in overlord steal the show. It is ridiculously fun to send out 10 creatures to destroy whatever is in your path. True you can go do the work yourself but when you're the Overlord its more fun to sit back and watch from a safe distance.

The game has been quite enjoyable so far and grows a little in depth and tactics. Later in the game you'll have up to four minion types to choose from and command while battling along with them if you wish. Each type has its special abilities and weaknesses and it can become a bit challenging to get your minions to do your biding, fighting off enemies yourself, and issuing new orders. It is a game that I hadn't heard much of but am quite glad that I picked up. The game started a bit slowly and has a bit of annoying backtracking to get certain things but it is definitely a game i can see myself playing getting a little bit further each time I sit down with it.