Thursday, February 15, 2007

Wii Accessories and Avalibility


So I now own a Nintendo Wii, the frustrations in attempting to find one will be discussed in another post. Trying to find accessories for the Wii in February israther ridiculous. As a new owner I have been dying to try out the Virtual console.

Growing up I never owned SNES. Instead I had the original Nintendo and Sega Genesis so when Super Mario World made an appearance on the virtual console, I was sold. I would finally get a chance to play through the entire game. All that I had to do was buy a Nintendo points card, a virtual console controller and download the game. Easier said than done. Where the hell can you get a controller? I've looked at BestBuy, Target, Wal-mart, Circuit City. Point cards and the Wii classic controller are nowhere to be found. I am aware you can play virtual console games with a game cube controller, but there's just something about playing with Mario and Yoshi using that SNES style controller. Also, no I'm not using my credit card to download the game, I have no self control. I will just end up getting every crappy virtual console game ever. I'll stick to the cards as it was designed for children to be able to get games. Consider me a child.

Lastly, as I await the availability of a controller I've decided that Nintendo needs to drop down the prices of games. Right now they are priced outside of an impulse buy. These games have been out for a while and unless they are classic gems customers will be hesitant or at least think about such purchases. At 2-5 dollars a pop people will buy them in a heartbeat.

Reviews and thoughts regarding the controller and virtual console are to come once I find them. Don't hold your breath. I've been trying to play super mario world for a while now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy wii play. 50 bucks, includes a wiimote.